Your First Bank account number is like a secret code that gives you access to your money. It’s essential for making transfers, paying bills, and checking your balance. But what if you don’t know your account number?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many people forget their account numbers from time to time. But there’s no need to panic. You can easily check your First Bank account number via SMS.
Check this: Jaiz Bank Transfer Code and Jaiz Bank USSD Code
In this blog post, I’ll show you how to check your First Bank account number via SMS in just a few simple steps.
So whether you’ve forgotten your account number or you just need to confirm it, read on to learn how to check your First Bank account number via SMS.
How to Check First Bank Account Number via SMS
Before you proceed with checking your First Bank account number via SMS, make sure you have the following prerequisites:
1. Registered Mobile Number: Ensure that the mobile number you intend to use for the SMS inquiry is the one linked to your First Bank account. The bank sends the account number information to the registered phone number for security reasons.
2. Sufficient Airtime or SMS Credit: Confirm that your phone has enough airtime or SMS credit to send the inquiry message. Most carriers require a minimal fee for sending SMS messages, so ensure your account has enough balance.
To check your First Bank account number via SMS, follow these steps:
- Dial *894# on your phone.
- Select “Quick Banking”.
- Select “Enquiry Services”.
- Select “Account Number Enquiry”.
- Enter your USSD PIN.
- You will receive your account number in a text message.
Other Ways to Check Your First Bank Account Number
1: Check your bank statement. This is the most common way to find your account number. Your statement will usually have your account number printed on it, along with other important information about your account, such as your balance and transaction history.
2: Log in to your online banking account. If you have online banking access, you can usually find your account number by logging in to your account and viewing your account details. How can this be done?
It can be done in simple way. Follow the below the steps highlighted below.
- Visit First Bank’s Website: Open your web browser and go to the official website of First Bank (www.firstbanknigeria.com).
- Log in to Your Account: Look for the “Login” or “Sign In” button on the website’s homepage. Click on it to access the login page. Enter your valid username and password to log in to your online banking account.
- Navigate to Account Details: After logging in successfully, you’ll be directed to your online banking dashboard. The exact layout might differ, but you should see a menu or navigation bar on the screen.
- Locate “Account Details”: In the menu or navigation bar, there should be an option like “Account Details,” “My Accounts,” or “Profile.” Click on this option to access your account information.
- View Account Number: Once you’ve accessed the account details section, you should be able to see your account number listed among other account information. It’s usually displayed along with your account type (e.g., savings, current) and the available balance.
- Verify Your Identity: To ensure security, the online banking platform might prompt you to verify your identity before displaying sensitive information like your account number. This could be through a One-Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number or any other authentication method you have set up.
- Note Down Your Account Number: Once you’ve successfully verified your identity, your account number should be visible on the screen. Take note of it for future reference.
3: Contact your bank. If you can’t find your account number by checking your statement or online banking, you can always contact your bank and ask them for your account number. They will be able to look up your account number for you and provide it to you over the phone or in person.
4: Check your Checkbook
Checking your first bank account number using your checkbook is a straightforward method. If you have your original checkbook, you can follow these steps to find your account number:
- Locate Your Checkbook: Find your checkbook in a safe and accessible place. It usually comes in a booklet form, with detachable checks.
- Open the Checkbook: Open the checkbook carefully, and you will see several pages with the checks attached.
- Inspect the First Page: Turn to the very first page of your checkbook. This page is typically a cover page or an informational page containing details about your account.
- Look for Your Account Information: On the first page, search for any account-related information provided by the bank. This may include your account number, account holder’s name, and other essential details.
- Identify the Account Number: Your account number is usually printed on the first page, either at the top or bottom, along with other details. It is a unique set of numbers that identifies your specific bank account.
- Verify the Account Number: Once you have found the account number, double-check it to ensure it is accurate and note it down for your records.
- Keep Your Checkbook Secure: After retrieving your account number, make sure to keep your checkbook in a secure place to prevent any unauthorized access to your account information.
Retrieving your First Bank account number via SMS is a simple and time-saving process. By following the steps outlined in this guide and ensuring you meet the requirements, you can quickly obtain your account number whenever the need arises. Thanks for reading.