Are you looking for the beat way to deactivate your FCMB Mobile app? Don’t you want to bank with them again for personal reasons?
Look no further, this article is for you.
In today’s article, I will guide you through the AZ on how to close or delete your FCMB app.
FCMB offers convenient mobile app and internet banking services to manage your account on the go. However, you may want to deactivate these services temporarily or permanently for various reasons such as losing your phone, switching to another bank, or closing your account altogether.
Deactivating the FCMB mobile app
To deactivate the FCMB mobile app, first log into the app using your credentials. Then follow these steps:
1. Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner.
2. Select “Settings” from the sidebar menu.
3. Scroll down and tap “Deactivate App”.
4. You’ll be prompted to enter your debit card PIN for verification.
5. Once verified, your app will be deactivated and you can no longer log in or access services through the mobile app. Your account itself remains open.
To reactivate the mobile app in future, simply download the app again from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and log in as normal. Your login credentials and account details will still be intact.
Steps to deactivate FCMB internet banking
To deactivate internet banking and prevent logging in through the website, follow these steps:
1. Go to www.fcmb.com and log into your internet banking account via online banking login page.
2. Click on the “Profile” option located at the top-right of the screen.
3. Select “Account Settings” from the dropdown menu.
4. Under the “Access Channels” section, click “Deactivate” next to internet banking.
5. Verify your identity by entering the last 4 digits of your debit card and your date of birth.
6. Confirm deactivation by clicking “Submit”. You will no longer be able to login or access your account through FCMB internet banking.
To reactive internet banking access in the future, contact FCMB customer care and they will reactivate it for you after verifying your identity.
Options to deactivate specific features
If you only want to deactivate certain features temporarily but still keep your account open, you can do the following
1. To deactivate bill payment, select “Bill Payment” under “Access Channels” and click “Deactivate”.
2. To deactivate funds transfer, select “Funds Transfer” and click “Deactivate”.
3. To deactivate airtime purchase, select “Airtime Purchase” and click “Deactivate”.
Your account will remain open but you can no longer use those specific features via internet banking. Contact FCMB to reactive them as needed.
How to Close your FCMB account
To fully close your FCMB account, you must visit a branch in person with the required documents:
1. Original ID card used to open the account.
2. Account closing form filled and signed. Forms are available at any FCMB branch.
3. Debit card and cheque book(if applicable) to be returned.
4. Proof of changes in account details if address/phone number has changed since account opening.
At the branch, a bank officer will process the account closure after verifying your identity. Any outstanding loans will need to be settled as well. Within 5-10 business days, your account balance will be paid out to you either via bank transfer or cash payment. Once closed, your account is permanently deleted from FCMB records.
Other considerations for account closure
Before closing your account, be sure to:
1. Cancel any direct debits, standing orders or recurring payments linked to the account. Inform parties involved about account closure.
2. Update your financial records like pay slips, bills, investments etc. to reflect new bank details.
3. Close any associated products or services also linked to the account like savings accounts, investments etc.
Taking these additional steps ensures a smooth account closure process without any failed transactions or slipped payments post closure.
This guide covered the various options available to deactivate FCMB mobile banking services temporarily as well as permanently close your account. Remember to plan account closures in advance, inform all parties with auto-payments and update your records. If unable to visit a branch, contact FCMB customer care for alternate closure procedures. Proper planning and following procedures ensures your account deactivation or closure experience with FCMB is seamless.
If I close my account, will I get my money back right away?
No, it takes 5-10 business days after completing account closure formalities at the branch for your account balance to be paid out via bank transfer or cash. Loan balances need to be settled first before payout.
What happens to auto-payments linked to my account after deactivation or closure?
All auto-payments, direct debits and standing orders will fail once the account is deactivated or closed. You must notify partners about the change to avoid