These days, after I finish using an app and find out that it’s not longer useful, I either delete it or deactivate the app.
Do you find yourself in such a situation? If so, this article is for you.
In today’s article, I will show you how to close, delete or even deactivate your SwiftKash account easily.
What is Swiftkash?
Swiftkash is a Nigerian-based mobile money platform that provides users with a variety of financial services. These services include, Sending and receiving money, Paying bills, Purchasing airtime, and Transferring money to bank accounts
Why you might want to close or deactivate your Swiftkash account
There are a few reasons why you might want to close or deactivate your Swiftkash account. They are not limited to,
- Moving to a new country: If you are moving to a new country, you will no longer be able to use your Swiftkash account. In this case, it is best to close your account to prevent any unauthorized activity.
- Switching to a different mobile money platform: If you are switching to a different mobile money platform, you may want to close your Swiftkash account to avoid having multiple accounts.
- No longer using mobile money services: If you are no longer using mobile money services, you may want to close or deactivate your Swiftkash account to prevent any unwanted charges.
Steps to Close, Delete, or Deactivate Your Swiftkash Account
Closing, deleting, or deactivating your Swiftkash account is a simple process that can be completed in a few minutes. Do you really want to learn the process, keep reading.
Step 1: Gather your account information
Before you can close your Swiftkash account, you will need to gather some important information,such as:
- Your registered phone number
- Your email address
- Your password
- Your account number (optional)
Step 2: Log in to Your Swiftkash Account
Open the Swiftkash app on your mobile device and enter your phone number and password.
Step 3: Navigate to the Settings Menu
Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen to open the menu. Then, select the “Settings” option.
Step 4: Select the “Account” Option
Under the “Settings” menu, you will see a list of options. Select the “Account” option.
Step 4: Click on the “Close, Delete, or Deactivate Your Account” Link
At the bottom of the “Account” screen, you will see a link that says “Close, Delete, or Deactivate Your Account.” Click on this link.
Step 5: Choose the Reason for Closing Your Account
A new screen will appear asking you to choose the reason for closing your account. Select the reason that best applies to you.
Step 6: Enter Your Password and Confirm Your Decision
You will be asked to enter your password one last time to confirm your decision to close your account. Once you have entered your password, click on the “Close Account” button.
Step 7: Your Swiftkash Account Will Be Closed
Your Swiftkash account will be closed immediately, and you will no longer be able to access it.
Steps on how to close or deactivate your Swiftkash account
To close or deactivate your Swiftkash account, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Swiftkash account.
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- Click on the “Settings” button.
- Scroll down to the “Account Management” section.
- Click on the “Close or Deactivate Account” link.
- Select the reason for closing or deactivating your account.
- Enter your password and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Your Swiftkash account will be closed or deactivated immediately.
That said, if you are looking for an alternative to Swiftkash, there are a few other mobile money platforms that you can use in Nigeria, kindly take note of the following;
Glo Mobile Money
Fidelity Bank Mobile Money
Closing, deleting, or deactivating your Swiftkash account is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few minutes. If you no longer need or use the service, or if you are concerned about privacy and security, closing your account is the best way to protect your personal information and finances.
Is Swiftkash still operating?
No, Swiftkash is no longer operating. The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) delisted Swiftkash and 35 other digital money lending apps in July 2023 due to non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
Is Swiftkash loan approved by CBN?
No, Swiftkash is not approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Swiftkash was one of the 35 illegal loan apps delisted by the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) in July 2023. The FCCPC found that Swiftkash was operating without the necessary licenses and approvals from the CBN and was engaging in unfair practices such as charging excessive interest rates and harassing borrowers. As a result, Swiftkash is no longer allowed to operate in Nigeria.